By request: Your B*tchFest, M'lady!

Bette B.
on 8/28/14 12:16 am

Please may I add the increasing misuse of "apostrophe's" in "word's."

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

MsBatt
on 8/28/14 6:10 am

Oh, the apostrophes! That's one of my major pet peeves. I cringe every time I see a supposedly professionally made sign with misused apostrophes. I've been known to boycott businesses because of that.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/28/14 6:29 am

Agreed. I really would like to take a black magic marker and engage in some instructional vandalism.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Bette B.
on 8/28/14 12:14 pm

Have you read "The Great American Typo Hunt"?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/29/14 4:46 am

No, but now I must look it up. I confess to reading paperbacks with pencil in hand and making corrections in the margins.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

MsBatt
on 8/29/14 7:33 am

I've been known to do that to library books.

I read---no, let's say waded through---a book recently that was so badly punctuated it caused me pain. I grieve for the passing of the human proofreader.

56sunShine14
on 8/27/14 1:30 pm

YAY!!!!!  Thanks Bette B!  I almost missed it again tho.  :)

While doing some grocery shopping today, I am almost run over by some arrogant as&*%hole rattling the basket in the aisle as he was trying to get past me and my "amigo" buggy.  He about ripped the basket off it's stand as he got past.  I just looked at him and said loud enough for him to hear "I would have moved you know!"  NOTHING!  Then he stood a few feet back wanting to get to the stuff I was looking at and said NOTHING again.  When I was finished and leaving, I told him "excuse me" generally works but then again, you would have to speak.  A*&%hole!

While getting into my car after shopping, I see a man, in his 60's or so, obviously taking a look at my rear license plate to see if I had a "Handicapped" plate as I was in a handicapped spot.  When I told him I have a tag, something he didn't expect, he went on about his business.  I then removed the tag from my rearview mirror and swore at him under my breath.  But then I realized, I do that too...look to see if the cars are marked somehow when they park in those spots.  So, who the hell was I mad at anyway! 

That's all I got for today.  Just missed seeing the post is all. 

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

carlak
on 8/27/14 3:11 pm - Bradenton, FL

Or this! Someone was staring at me! I said Would u like to take a picture? It lasts longer? Here is my camera!

image hosting site

Bette B.
on 8/28/14 12:14 am

I would have PMed you, but you wouldn't have gotten a notification anyway. 

chevtow41
on 8/28/14 12:46 am
DS on 11/11/14

People who don't know the difference between "loose" and "lose". Drives me crazy.